Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Your Welcome

First, an update to last nights rant about Richard Quinn and the Lewis and Brown Show; They have released their reasoning for picking up this particular TE. They said they need better blocking at TE behind Gresham, whom is seemingly our only blocking TE and has the best hands. So, if this is the case, will we see more 2 TE sets? If blocking is what we were looking for, why not an experienced O-Lineman, since our line is currently inexperienced to say the least. And if it is 2 TE sets, why not Gresham blocking and take your chance on Donald Lee, who had a good camp, or the rookie Orson Charles? I understand, Gresham will need a break when the play doesn't call for a TE from being out there blocking. Is no one else even good enough to fill in, instead of a roster spot being taken for a position that isn't one of great need? Anyway, there is your reason. Love it or hate it. I guess it doesn't really matter, I am just still perplexed. Maybe this guy will be the best blocker in the history at the position. 

If you have driven downtown at all in the last few days, you may have noticed a couple of giant billboards along the highway of Dre Kirkpatrick and his son reading, "Thank You Cincinnati" and signed by Dre. When I first saw this, I thought, they cut him or something crazy. Turns out, he is genuinely just being a nice guy and thanking us for the opportunity and our support. As you probably know, Kirkpatrick was Cincinnati's first pick in this years draft. He is a highly touted Corner out of Alabama. He was/is supposed to lead us to the promised land. However, shortly after OTA's, he injured his knee while practicing football drills. Just when we thought all was well coming into the last preseason game of the season, he experienced more pain and they found spurs on his knee. So his, so far short NFL career, has been a little bit of nothing. He has barely been able to practice and definitely no action in game situations. I did get to see him at the last camp at PBS this year that was open to the public. He did look good, but also needed to get up to speed. Since then he has been back to the bench, though. I feel bad for him. Especially now, that I know he feels bad. I hope that he is able to get back from this injury. He is young and I am sure that he will. It was very nice of him to think of us, though. To top it off, he even donated backpacks to a local elementary school. He wants to be here and that makes me happy. So keep your eyes peeled driving on the highways this weekend and give him a little Who Dey when you drive by because this is what it is about. Kirkpatrick said, "It's something I wanted to do to show my appreciation for the fans supporting me and the organization giving me the chance to help bring a Super Bowl here and I wanted to give something back to the community." Well, Dre, I speak for all of Cincinnati when I say, "Thank You and You are Welcome! Who Dey!"


No comments:

Post a Comment